Monday, May 30, 2005

Letters From Iraq: Subject Line?

Hello. Welcome back to the next installment of Pocket Lint: Portrait of a guy stuck in the Middle East.

We finally got a day off. I looked up the word pneumatic, but I still don't know what it means. That's all I accomplished in the last 15 hours. Don't worry though, I get paid less than minimum wage.

I was sick for a couple days. Apparently when they said "Don't drink the water" they didn't mean "If you run out of bottled water feel free to drink the tap water instead of walking 100 yards to get another bottle." I don't know why they didn't make that clearer.

Anyone who thinks that all of Iraq is an empty wastleland is actually quite incorrect. Yesterday I think I actually saw a tree. It might have been a destroyed car, I couldn't really tell, the 2 miles of dirt in between me and it obscured it a little.

Anyway, bye.

El Pocket Lint

No comments: